Assistant Professor of Finance, Georgetown University, 2013 - present
Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 2008 - 2013
Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 2008 - 2013
Advisory Council Member in the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 2017-present
Asset Pricing, and its connection with corporate finance, Credit Risk, Banking, Art Market
Seminars and conference presentations
- 2017: AFA, Office of Financial Research, Rutgers University, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and IMF joint conference on China, Asian Bureau of Finance and Economics Research annual conference, FRIC'17 Conference on Financial Frictions, EFA (Manheim), MIT Golub Center for Finance and Policy 4th Annual Conference
- 2016: AFA, AEA, Texas Finance Festival, SFS FinanceCalvacade, WFA, IMF, ECB, Uninversity of Lausanne and EPFL, EFA(Oslo), University of Texas as Dallas, Yale SOM Workshop on Financial Stability, NBER summer institute Asset Pricing conference, SIFR conference on Credit Markets after the Crisis (Stockholm), Southern Methodist University, University of Texas at Austin, Federal Reserve Board, Rice University, the 8th European Banking Center network conference, the Financial Stability Conference by OFR and Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- 2015: AEA, Stanford University, the IMF/World Bank joint seminar, NYU, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Tsinghua PBCSF Global Finance Forum, Moody's credit risk conference, George Mason University, Brandeis/Boston Fed Municipal Bond Conference, NBER Chinese Economy conference, 8th Annual Conference on China’s Economic Development and the U.S.-China Relationship (invited talk), Money Market Workshop in ECB, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- 2014: AFA, SFS Finance Calvacade, University of Connecticut Annual Risk Management Conference (invited talk), Western Finance Association, Federal Reserve Board, European Finance Association, BIS Research Network meeting on Banking and Asset Management (invited talk), Annual Bank Research Conference of FDIC, New York University, George Washington University, PBC School of TsingHua University
- 2013: AFA, EFA (Cambridge), the Day-Ahead Conference of the Federal Reserve System, University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management, Bank of France, Bank of England, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, FDIC-Cornell joint conference on Derivatives Securities and Risk Management, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Financial Research, the Sixth Biennial McGill Global Asset Management Conference in Montreal, Copenhagen Business School, Columbia University*, Financial Stability Analysis by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and Office of Financial Research, the China International Conference in Finance, European Bank Association's 5th Annual Financial Stability Conference,
- 2012: NBER Asset Pricing Workshop, Yale University*, the CREDIT Conference on Sovereign Risk and its Consequences for Financial Markets, Institutions and Regulation, Artelligence conference*, Society for Economic Dynamics Annual Conference at Cyprus, Fixed Income Conference: Navigating Cathartic Change in Fixed Income, University of South Carolina, University of Florida, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business, New York University, Georgetown University
- 2011: International Banking, Economics and Finance Association Annual Conference, Rutgers University, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, European Finance Association Annual Conference at Stockholm, City University of New York, Baruch College, Northern Finance Association Annual Conference at Vancouver
- 2010: The Sixth MTS Conference on Financial Markets by London Stock Exchange and London School of Economics , Columbia-Tsinghua Conference in International Economics at Beijing, China, Rutgers University, European Central Bank*, MIDAS workshop at Goethe University Frankfurt
- 2009: European Economic Association Annual Meetings in Barcelona, the China International Conference in Finance
- 2008: Federal Reserve Bank of New York, University of Alberta, University of Washington, McGill University, Iowa University, Pennsylvania State University, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Viral Acharya, Diane Pierret, and Sascha Steffen, "Lender of Last Resort versus Buyer of Last Resort: Evidence from the European Sovereign Debt Crisis," American Finance Association Annual Conference, January 2017.
- Nils Friewald, Florian Nagler, and Christian Wagner, "Debt Refinancing and Equity Returns," European Finance Association Annual Conference, August 2016
- Stefano Corradin, Maria Rodriguez-Moreno, "Violating the Law of One Price: The Role of Non-conventional Monetary Policy," Financial Intermediation Research Society Conference, June 2016
- Karan Bhanot, Carl Larsson, "Uncovering 'The Cost Of Regulatory Uncertainty'," European Finance Association Annual Conference, August 2014
- Jaewon Choi, and Or Shachar, "Did Liquidity Providers Become Liquidity Seekers?: Evidence from the CDS-Bond Basis during the 2008 Financial Crisis," Financial Intermediation Research Society Annual Conference, June 2014
- Fernando Duarte, and Thomas M Eisenbach, "Fire-Sale Spillovers and Systemic Risk," Financial Intermediation Research Society Annual Conference, June 2014
- Phillip Schnabl, Itamar Drechsler, Thomas Drechsel, David Marques-Ibanez, "Who Borrows from the Lender of Last Resort?" University of Connecticut Annual Risk Management Conference, May 2014
- Martin Oehmke, and Adam Zawadowski, "Synthetic or Real? The Equilibrium Effects of Credit Default Swaps on Bond Markets," SFS Finance Calvacade, May 2014
- Jumye Li, and Gabriele Zinna, "On Bank Credit Risk: Systemic or Bank-Specific? Evidence from the US and the UK," China International Conference in Finance, July 2013
- Jens Dick-Nielsen, ``Dealer Inventory and the Cost of Immediacy," USC Fixed-Income Conference, April 2013
- Sanjiv Das, Madhu Kalimipalli, and Subhankar Nayak, "Did CDS Trading Improve the Market for Corporate Bonds?" American Economic Association meeting, January 2013.
- Nils Friewald, Christian Wagner, and Josef Zechner,“The Cross-Section of Credit Risk Premia and EquityReturns,” Western Finance Association meeting, June 2012.
- Richard Stanton and Nancy Wallace, “The Bear’s Lair: Index Credit Default Swaps and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,” European Finance Association meeting, August 2011.
- Iuliana Ismailescu and Blake Phillips, “Savior or Sinner? Credit Default Swaps and the Market forSovereign Debt,” Northern Finance Association meeting, September 2011.
- Nikunj Kapadia and Xiaoling Pu, “Limited Arbitrage between Equity and Credit Markets,” China InternationalConference in Finance, July 2009.
- Ph.D. University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- MB.A, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- B.S., Fudan University
Ad-Hoc Referee for Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Review of Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Review of Asset Pricing Studies, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Financial Econometrics, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, International Review of Finance, European Economic Review, Real Estate Economics
- Docent and librarian at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2010 - 2012
- Docent at the Field Museum, Chicago, 2003 - 2008
- Member of the Asian Art Council, the Art Institute of Chicago, 2003 - 2008
- Docent at the Shanghai Museum, Shanghai, China, 1999 - 2002